Sunday, December 7, 2008

Thanksgiving Weekend

The day before we left for Utah for Thanksgiving, 5 large trucks pulled in next door. They carried the framing, walls and trusses for the house next door and nothing has happened since. How long will it take them to build this house? We were beginning to think that the owners had lost the home, but I guess we were wrong.

We arrived on Thanksgiving Day at Shellie's and immediately toured Maggie's home. Yes, you can stand up in it.

The tour was followed by a little tennisball game. (they used a tennis ball in lieu of a baseball)


Dinner is Served. Shellie is a wonderful hostess, all the details were attended to and the dinner was delicious. For those who have not have the previlage to see Shellie's home, you are missing out, and yes, those walls are lime green. You have to see her house to see how beautifully it all goes together.


Snap shots of dinner.
Of course my favorite VIP Treatment -
After dinner and a nap, Shellie opened her store for Brittany and I, where we were given the VIP treatment including the next day sale prices...plus another discount.
Four and Twenty Sailors - European childrens clothing and Women clothing.
Friday instead of shopping, we went to the matinee, the guys and Krista saw the new James Bond movie and the rest of us girls saw Twilight. Surprise, Surprise, even mom had read the first three books before the fourth book was published. Maggie wasn't sure about Edward, she informed me during the movie he was "Creepy".

Saturday started with lunch at Cafe Rio then we headed across the street to the bowling alley. I thought I was getting half way decent, but at this bowling alley, literally every turn I had at least one gutter ball. I can only bowl with the grandkids from here on out.

Dad trying to find the perfect ball.
Snap shot of us bowling, yes, even mom and dad bowled.
Britt went after Krista after she correctly predicted a gutterball.
It was a fun weekend, we had an enjoyable time with everyone.

5 comments:

Julie said...

What a fun Thanksgiving. I love Shellie's lime green walls!!

Kate said...

I LOVE the new blog look. beautifully vintage. Looks like you had a fun Thanksgiving!!! I wish I was there for the VIP treatment. I love Shellie's store. :) I can't believe Maggie's house. incredible.

Eric and Jill said...

It always seems that no matter what, if you're involved theirs always something fun! I didn't know Britt and Brett had come down, they are also a great addition to the holiday.

Deb and AJ said...

I guess you ran out of time to do any other visiting.

Brittany said...

What a fun weekend. Glad you and Dad were able to come out.