We had quite the time and ended the night in a flour fight, started totally by Chase... For more details and pictures you will need to go to Kate's blog, who was ready with the camera to capture it all.Sunday, December 28, 2008
Gingerbread House
What fun is it to make a gingerbread house by yourself? I eagerly awaited the arrival of some grandkids so we could bake and eat candy. The evening before Christmas Eve, we began the process of making the gingerbread, using the recipe and tips off of Ruth's blog, Tyler, Chase and I started measuring and mixing. I of course messed up the very first ingredient and ended up needing to double the recipe to offset my goof. And that meant we needed to add lots and lots of flour to the mix. The boys love measuring and pouring the ingredients into the bowl. I had a few moments where I wasn't sure where we were at in the process, expecially the flour. So we just kept adding until it looked like it was solid and we were able to roll out the dough.
We had quite the time and ended the night in a flour fight, started totally by Chase... For more details and pictures you will need to go to Kate's blog, who was ready with the camera to capture it all.
We had quite the time and ended the night in a flour fight, started totally by Chase... For more details and pictures you will need to go to Kate's blog, who was ready with the camera to capture it all.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
wow...I had no idea Chase was the culprit behind the flour fight. :) They loved this activity. Chase LOVED eating all the candy and Ty loved decorating. It was a win-win!!!
You forgot to add that we ran out of Necco's for the shingles on the roof, and sent Jill and I out on Christmas Eve to find more! Thank goodness for gas stations!
Post a Comment