Sunday, November 7, 2010

Transformation

 It started long before Brett left - he loves to work on the tractor and he while tinkering on the tractor he stated digging a hole in the backyard.  Then he left.   And left a messy hole.  When we were asked what it was for our reply would be , "We can't decide where the swimming pool should be, we keep moving it."
During the springtime Logan rented this backhoe and made the hole bigger. 
We were thinking we wanted a deep end swimming pool. 

Last August one day on a whim, he called a concrete cutter and he put in a door way into the basement.  There goes the pool idea. 

(Now our burglars can go out the door instead of the window).

 That would be the wall he knocked down that he is standing on.

Just a month ago, we had an excavator come and grade the yard and finish the hole. We are lucky enough to have a friend who works for Basalite and he was able to purchase for us pavers and retaining wall brick from the yard rejects for $100 a pallet, of course we reimbursed him. And they were personally delivered by him..(Which costs a wee bit of money too).
 

Logan has spent the past few weeks stacking the block and grading the soon to be patio. 


We are excited for the transformation and I want you to know in our heads it looks beautiful.  We will have a large grassy area,  a large patio off of the future kitchen area, which will have a stairway down to this lower level patio.  We are planning on a fountain of some sort in here, along with a hot tub and low level lighting. 

And a Fence!!! With cactus and pyracantha bushes. 

4 comments:

Brittany said...

Sure it look'n good.. Nothing like how Brett left it! :)

so what is the plan with the look of the sexertiot wall of the house?

Xana said...

K, I looked up sexertiot cause I figure I'm not educated as you and I have no idea what you mean - but there is no such word - and I still don't know what you mean. : )

Brittany said...

it's supposed to say exterior but I had Ashlyn on my lap and must have forgot to spell check. But I am laughing so hard that you looked up the word.

Deb and AJ said...

Looking Good!!!