Friday, March 5, 2010

February a Month to Remember

What a month. It started with plans to have a baby shower for Brittany. Jill and April flew into town a few days before the schedule event, only to find when they arrived that Brittany was in the hospital. Her baby had kicked her hard enough to break the water which resulted in a week long stay to keep the baby safe.

After an emergency meeting with the girls and talking with the hospital staff and sending out e-mails, the plans changed. We held the baby shower in the hospital; the nurses will talk about that shower for years to come. April did her magical photoshop treatment and made the shower a wonderful success.

Later that evening, the ward had a baptism for Bernadette, who Brittany had brought into our home to have the missionary discussions, which was a blessing for me to be there and see the testimonies of the sister missionaries and to watch Bernadette's testimony grow. Her husband and two older children are taking the discussion and will soon be baptized. Thank you Brittany for being such an example to me.

Then on the 26th, Brittany had an emergency C-section and brought Ashlyn into our little world.

She's was 4 weeks early and weighed in at 6 lb 7 oz and was 18" long. She is beautiful, dark hair, squeaky little scream and loves to have her arms out.

Enjoy the pictures from February.






Ashlyn

Brittany, Ashlyn an Brett

You thought she just grew up fast didn't ya'? This is LaNea, who came with her mom to visit.

Bernadette and the Bishop at her baptism.
February 20, 2010

The Wild Hospital Baby Shower
February 20, 2010








Did I mention on top of all this, I was given a new calling in the ward? Just guess what it is and it's not handing out Sunday Bulletins. What a month it has been, I felt bad for the girls when they were here, my mind was so consumed with this new calling that I didn't give them the proper attention they deserved.

To top it all off, March has begun with a wonderful job opportunity for Brett and they will be leaving by the end of the month. We will certainly miss them, I would like to thank them for all their hard work they put for our benefit. We wish you luck and happiness.

4 comments:

Aubree said...

What a month!! At least you are going on vacation now!! Ashlyn is so cute and tiny. I have to come see her again before they leave!

I know what your calling is! So I won't guess!! But my Mom and I both think you will be great!!

April said...

It really has been quite the month for you. Glad it's over, or do ya miss the commotion? It was fun to get to be there and be a part of all the activity!

Brittany said...

Thanks for the pictures of my beatiful little girl.. I stole them for my blog.

Lindsey Mosbarger said...

What is the new calling? They just keep moving you around don't they? Whatever it is just got a whole lot better! You are amazing and whatever organization it is, is lucky to have you :) The baby shower looks so cute too. Hope you are doing good!